For Oktoberfest in Perth this year I went to Elmars In The Valley, the venue with the largest beer garden in Perth’s popular wine region, Swan Valley.
Last Saturday my friends and I went to Elmar’s In The Valley to celebrate Oktoberfest in Perth.
If you’re not already familiar with Swan Valley, it is one of Western Australia’s premier wine regions north of Perth (the other being Margaret River, south west of Perth). Elmar’s In The Valley is a German style restaurant, brewery and smallgoods & gift shop located in the heart of Swan Valley. They have the largest glass micro-brewery in the Southern Hemisphere here, as well as produce a range of award-winning beers that are brewed in strict accordance with the German Purity Law. Prost to that!
The awesome thing about Oktoberfest is the costumes. My German outfit is the traditional Bavarian Dirndl dress. I bought it from a boutique store in Munich on my travels through Germany five years ago. As my father is German, so I take great pride in dressing up in the true, traditional style.
The day was filled with live music, steins, beer, food and games…
There were stein holding competitions for the males and females to test their strength..
As well as messy food eating competitions….
And lots of drunken dancing to the live band.
The BBQ’s were sizzling with favourites pork shank and German bratwurst. Besides beer, there were wine and soft drink options too (but no spirits). I was drinking Elmar’s traditional Marzen Oktoberfest Bier on the day, which has been conditioning since March.
All in all, it was a great day out at Elmars’ In The Valley. While there are a variety of Oktoberfest events on in Perth this time of year, Elmar’s Oktoberfest has a more chilled atmosphere where people can sit back, relax and have awesome conversations with people. And because Elmar’s are a German brewery & restaurant, you really get into the authentic German vibes here.
It’s an all age’s event, with a bouncy castle to entertain the kids on Sunday 26th October. Bring picnic blankets, chairs, WA Proof of Age Card, Australian Drivers License or Passport. No ID means no entry. You won’t need to buy a drinking glass, as all beverages are served in plastic Polysafe glass steins which are also available for purchase.
- General admission tickets are $15 each (booking fee and credit card fees may apply). Tickets are available through Elmar’s in the Valley or Moshtix.
- There is free onsite parking available at the venue for both cars and buses.
- No BYO food or beverages (only sealed bottled water). No pets.
- Alcohol is not permitted outside of licensed areas, including car parks.
- All bags are subject to a safety & security search upon entry and exit. No pass-outs.
- No refunds on purchased glassware. Bars close at 4pm or at Managers discretion.
- Dress comfortably or in costume, however please ensure clothing is discretionary.
- For your safety, footwear must be kept on at all times.
- This is a cash only event. ATM available on-site.
- Although smoking is permitted at this event, it is allowed only in the designated “smoking area”.
Elmars In The Valley
8731 West Swan Road, Henley Brook WA 6055